Like many others who are back under lockdown, Cavite Governor Jonvic Remulla said he was confused with the 2021 ECQ and offered some clarifications.
"Season 2" of the Enhanced Community Quarantine in Cavite, Metro Manila, Laguna, Rizal and Bulacan, unlike last year, allows limited public transport and on-site work. Except for those running essential errands, everyone must stay at home.
Remulla said "many" of the restriction agreed last Saturday, on the eve of the seven-day ECQ, were changed on Monday. "Sa totoo lang, ako mismo ay naguguluhan na sa pabago-bagong desisyon at announcements ng IATF regarding the ECQ Guidelines."
Here are some clarifications from Remulla, who said the C in ECQ could also mean "confusion".
- Backriding in motorcycles is allowed if ferrying essential workers, groceries or medicine.
- Outdoor exercise is allowed within the vicinity of the village or barangay, from 6 a.m to 9 a.m. Face masks are required and group exercises are banned
- APORs or authorized persons outside of residence are those who are allowed to work or run errands. These exclude drinking sprees and barkada gatherings.
- Food delivery is allowed even after the 6 p.m. curfew. In Cavite, restaurants must close by 5:30 p.m.
- Ayuda will be capped at P1,000 per individual and P4,000 per family. Remulla said he has yet to receive full details on the Palace's "commitment."
COVID NEWS YOU CAN USE:
Will ECQ be extended?
Authorities will decide over the weekend whether the ECQ will be extended beyond April 4. Earlier Tuesday, the DOH said two weeks would be ideal to cap the surge in infections.
"It takes about three days for people to decide if they would want to seek consult for their symptoms. It takes another two days for them to get tested and the waiting for the results and then eventually being isolated. It takes nine days in average," said DOH spokesperson Usec. Rosario Vergeire.
"We have to rememebr the variants are here and therefore if we keep on having this mobiblity of people and the variants are there, the increase will be so much compared to before," she said.
COVID SURGE EXPLAINED:
President Rodrigo Duterte addressed the nation late Monday, saying he "would be the last person" to bring them suffering. He said he was "having a hard time" dealing with COVID-19. He said he wished he had the power, "like a magic wand" to end the pandemic.
"Alam mo, I would be the last person --- ako ang pinakahuling tao dito sa Pilipinas na magpapahirap sa Pilipino," he said.
"If only I had the power --- kung nandiyan lang sa akin ‘yong poder na like a magic wand na maalis kaagad itong problema natin, mawala, gagawin ko," he said.