The Philippine Red Cross has started accepting bookings for its saliva-based COVID-19 test, a cheaper and faster alternative to the RT-PCR or swab test.
The saliva test costs P2,000 versus around P3,500 to P4,000 for RT-PCR depending on the provider. Results are out in three to four hours compared to 24 to 48 hours for swab tests.
It's important to note that for outbound passengers, the Inter-Agency Task Force on COVID-19 still requires RT-PCR testing.
MORE ON COVID TESTING:
According to the PRC's test booking website, the saliva test will be available initially in its Mandaluyong headquarters and at Port Area, Manila. Access the booking website here.
Sen. Richard Gordon, who chairs the PRC, told Teleradyo the service will be expanded nationwide.
COVID-19 TOP STORIES:
Here's the step-by-step guide from the Philippine Red Cross:
- Select the date and time of your saliva test. Each slot is 10 minutes long. Click “Book Now” to add the appointment to your Cart.
- Once you’re ready, click on your Cart (upper right side of the screen) and view your items.
- Click on “Checkout” to proceed. Review your order details and input your personal details, then choose a payment method. Currently, we offer (1) GCash via PayMongo and (2) GrabPay via PayMongo. Enter your payment information as necessary and complete the payment. Please make sure that the billing address you provide is the same as the registered address of your credit card.
- Check your email for the order confirmation, which will include the date, time, and location of your Swab Test appointment. You will also be sent a link to the e-CIF Form in the payment confirmation email. Fill up the e-CIF Form BEFORE your appointment as this must be completed before the Swab Test is conducted. Alternatively, access the e-CIF Form at https://c19.redcross.org.ph/public-ecif.
- Be at the appointment venue 15 minutes before the scheduled time to give time for verification and the security check. Please make sure to have your proof of payment handy as we may ask for this on-site. Please also be sure to wear a face mask and face shield as well as bring a pen. Do not eat, drink, gargle, smoke or vape for 30 minutes before the scheduled appointment.
- Your results will be sent to you via email. Alternatively, you may track them at c19.redcross.org.ph/track.