Here’s a Heads Up from reportr on news that you need to know today, Aug. 6:
- Here’s your complete guide to the 2021 lockdown in Metro Manila that starts today until Aug. 20.
- Here’s everything you need to know about the Delta variant, the hyper-contagious mutation that forced the two-week ECQ.
- Authorized Persons Outside of Residence or APOR can be driven to work by non-APORs, the police said.
- Save for APORs, people will be restricted to “tiny bubbles” of individual cities and municipalities instead of one big bubble like the NCR Plus.
- Vaccinations will continue throughout the lockdown, yet people looking to get jabbed crowded immunization centers yesterday. The country has fully vaccinated 10 million people so far.
- Reports of a no vaccine, no ayuda policy are fake and Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque is wondering why those behind such misinformation have not gotten sick with COVID-19.
- Boxer Carlo Paalam advances to the light flyweight finals and is assured of at least a silver medal. Compatriot Eumir Marcial ends his Tokyo Olympics journey with a bronze.
NEWS YOU CAN USE
- Spotify Premium can now be had for as cheap as P7 a day. Here’s how.
- If you can travel during the lockdown, these Cebu Pacific destinations accept vaccine cards in place of negative RT-PCR tests.
- Manila Mayor Isko Moreno is set to joint Pasig Mayor Vico Sotto’s Aksyon Demokratiko party.
- Sen. Panfilo Lacson said Vice President Leni Robredo rejected his offer of unity in the 2022 elections, leading him to think that the two of them would slug it out in the presidential race.
NEWS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- U.S. Vice President Kamala Harris is heading to Southeast Asia in what is seen as a push back to China’s aggressiveness in the South China Sea.
- Rihanna is now a billionaire thanks to her Fenty Beauty cosmetics line. She has not released a new album since 2016 yet she is richer than Beyonce.
- Ahead of his fight with American boxer Errol Spence, Sen. Manny Pacquiao said he is “not done yet” with sports.
- On her 40th birthday, Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, sought help from her celebrity friends to bring women back to the workforce.
- Global COVID cases have surpassed the 200-million mark as the hyper-contagious Delta variant spreads.
- The WHO called to suspend booster shots as much of the world remains unvaccinated against covid-19.