Pharmacies in the Philippines started offering COVID booster vaccines on Jan. 20, giving the public more options to increase their defenses against the virus.
Five pharmacy outlets in Metro Manila joined the first run, which will later expand to other parts of the country, authoritiesd said.
Here's what you need to know:
Who can get their boosters in pharmacies?
Only those aged 18 and above belonging to the following groups:
- A1: Essential health workers (without weak immune systems and not senior citizens)
- Expanded A1: Overseas Filipino workers and family members of A1 (without weak immune systems and not senior citizens)
- A4: Workers in essential services
- A5: Poor or indigent population
- Rest of the adult population
These people cannot get their jabs in pharmacies:
- Those who have not yet completed their two dose (one dose for Jannsen)
- Those aged 17 and below
- Those with weak immune systems even if aged 18 and above
- Those who are senior citizens
When can I get my booster shot?
Single-dose booster shots will be given at least three months after the second dose of these vaccines: AstraZeneca, Moderna, Pfizer, Sinovac, and Sputnik V.
Those who were inoculated with Janssen vaccine can get their booster at least two months after their first dose.
Do pharmacies allow walk-in?
For the pilot run, walk-ins will not be vaccinated.
Individuals who want to get vaccinated in pharmacies need to register through their local government units or the pharmacies' registration system if available.
Pharmacies will allow walk-ins for vaccination registration and scheduling.
What do I need to bring?
You need to present the original vaccination card or certificate and a valid ID.
Where are the five pilot pharmacies in Metro Manila?
- Generika: Lot 23 Blk. 306 Zone 6, #138 Colonel Ballecer st. Signal Village, Taguig
- Mercury Drug: 899 Pres. Quirino Avenue cor. Leon Guinto, Brgy. 692, Zone 75, Manila
- Southstar: Bayan-Bayanan Ave, Brgy. Concepcion Uno, Marikina City
- TGP: Edison St. Sun Valley, Paranaque City
- Watsons: SM Supercenter Pasig, Frontera Drive, Ortigas, Pasig City
Which booster should I get?
Here are the recommended booster combinations as of Dec. 22, 2021:
MORE NEWS YOU CAN USE: