Metro Manila's COVID-19 alert level has downgraded a notch to Level 2 on Friday, allowing for greater mobility in the capital region as virus infections continue to decline.
Alert Level 2, the second-lowest in a five-step system, is effective until Nov. 21, Malacañang said.
Here are answers to the most common questions about Alert Level 2:
Who can go out?
Under Alert Level 2, children are allowed outdoors for leisure activities. Those under 18 years old are allowed in establishments that can operate at a maximum 50% capacity indoors and 70% capacity outdoors based on guidelines issued by the Inter-Agency Task Force on COVID-19 response.
Movements both intrazonal (within Metro Manila) and interzonal (in and out of Metro Manila) are allowed subject to possible restrictions to be imposed by local government units.
Is there a curfew?
The curfew in Metro Manila has been lifted starting Nov. 4. Some cities however have curfews for minors. Click here to see the list.
What's new with Alert Level 2?
Activities and businesses allowed under Alert Level 3 will still be allowed under Alert Level 2 with bigger capacities.
The following are now also allowed at a maximum 50% capacity indoors and 70% capacity outdoors:
1. Limited face-to-face classes for higher education institutions
2. Fitness studios, gyms, and venues for individual non-contact exercise and sports, subject to DTI sector-specific protocols. No group activities are allowed.
3. Film, music, and television production subject to the joint guidelines as may be issued by the DTI, DOLE, and the DOH.
4. Contact sports approved by the LGU where such games shall be held
5. Funfairs/peryas or kid amusement industries such as playgrounds, playroom, and kiddie rides
6. Venues with live voice or wind-instrument performers and audiences such as in karaoke bars, clubs, concert halls, and theaters
7. Gatherings in residences with individuals not belonging to the same household
The following remain prohibited except for those authorized by the IATF and the Office of the President:
2. Horse racing
3. Cockfighting and operations of cockpits
4. Lottery and betting shops and other gaming establishments