Here's a Heads Up from reportr on news that you need to know today, Dec. 17:
- Your Lazada and Shopee hauls arrived yet? Do this before disposing of those boxes and wrappers to keep your data safe.
- Frontliners who called for a timeout last August have a reminder for the public to be extra careful to prevent a surge in COVID-19 cases during the holidays. The reminders are in this Christmas carol.
- Health Sec. Francisco Duque outlined government measures to address the potential spike during President Rodrigo Duterte's weekly address to the nation last night.
- The President called out the Toll Regulatory Board for "incompetence" that led to the faulty implementation of cashless RFID payments at expressways. Public anger is justified, he said.
- How to avoid catching the virus during the holidays? We got you covered from parties, exchange gifts, malling and reunions, and Simbang Gabi.
- Keep in mind that you need to wear a face shield everywhere outside your house. A full-face shield over your mask.
- Yearender 2020: Here are the 20 biggest stories that made us think that the last 300 plus days were a Black Mirror marathon.
- Cebu Pacific CEO Lance Gokongwei wants you to know that promo fares are here to stay and that airlines and authorities are working to ensure that travel is safe.
- The toll holiday at NLEX in Valenzuela ended yesterday as its operator, NLEX Corp and the city government agreed to settle their differences over RFID cashless payments.
- The Senate Committee on Public Services will hold a hearing on motorist woes due to the switch to RFID.
- Socioeconomic Planning Sec. Karl Chua will give his year-end briefing on the economy at 11 a.m., carried live on NEDA's Facebook page.
- Sports patron Manny Pangilinan and Gilas Pilipinas will also hold a 4 p.m. virtual press conference.
Here's an update on COVID-19 cases of of 4 p.m. of Dec. 16: