Here's a Heads Up from reportr on news that you need to know today, Jan. 6:
- The country is outraged after flight attendant Christine Dacera was found dead in her Makati City hotel room after partying with friends on New Year's Eve.
- Who is Christine Dacera? The Philippine Airlines Express flight crew is more than a headline, according to those who knew her deeply.
- The hotel where she stayed, City Garden Grand in Makati City, was asked to explain the alleged party, which if true, would violate its authority to operate only as a quarantine hotel.
- The hotel was warned as early as December last year that it should follow guidelines for quarantine hotels, Tourism Sec. Bernadette Romulo Puyat said.
- Here are the only hotels in Metro Manila where staycation bookings are allowed.
- Here's what could happen next after Senate President Tito Sotto filed a bill seeking a franchise renewal for ABS-CBN Corp.
- If you're planning on voting in 2022, Comelec registration resumed this week after the holiday break.
- With the Black Nazarene procession or Traslacion this year cancelled due to COVID-19, Manila Mayor Isko Moreno urged the Catholic faithful to consider observing the feast at home.
Here's an update on COVID-19 cases as of 4 p.m. of Jan. 5: