Here's a Heads Up from reportr on news that you need to know today, Wednesday, the start of the five-day long weekend before work resumes on Jan. 4:
- An FDA-approved COVID vaccine means it's safe to use, the regulator said so don't risk getting illegal jabs.
- Travelers from at least 20 countries with confirmed cases of a new COVID-19 strain are temporarily banned from entering the Philippines.
- At least four banks have waived money transfer fees using InstaPay and PesoNet until early 2021.
- The savings account feature on GCash is temporarily unavailable and the mobile wallet platform that exploded during the quarantine said it was working on a fix.
- PSA during this season where cash changes hands often: Here's how you can spot fake peso bills with just your hands and eyes.
- Two days to 2021, an SWS survey showed that COVID has dented Filipinos' optimism over the New Year.
- The Skyway 3 partially opened yesterday and it's free for a month.
- Context from the WHO: You thought COVID was bad, there will be more pandemics in the future so the world must learn its lessons from this one.