Good morning, here's what you need to know today, Monday (Nov. 16).
- Chased to their rooftops by epic floods, Cagayan residents over the weekend sought rescue with the trending hashtag #CagayanNeedsHelp.
- For the next three days at least, the Philippines is typhoon-free, according to PAGASA. Keep in mind that the 2020 typhoon names still has Vicky, Warren, Yoyong and Zosimo.
- President Rodrigo Duterte visited Cagayan and Camarines Sur on Sunday and directed authorities to hasten the delivery of aid.
- What caused the unprecedented floods? Cagayan Gov. Manuel Mamba attributed it to a confluence of factors, including Typhoon Ulysses.
- Actress and philantropist Angel Locsin went viral as she was helping out in typhoon relief. She was referred to in a DepEd learning document as obese. The DepEd apologized but Locsin said the department should address the larger issues of bad manners and discrimination.
- Locsin has long dealth with body-shamers on social media. Here's our explainer on why body-shaming happens. For the record, Locsin said Sunday: "Cheap comments do not define who I am."
- How far have you binge-watched Season 4 of Netflix's "The Crown"? Did you see Helena Bonham-Carter (who plays Princess Margaret), mention Former First Lady Imelda Marcos? Our colleagues at Spot.ph unearthed a photo of the actual encounter.
- China just edged out the U.S. in Southeast Asia by signing a trade deal with ASEAN. This means it will be even easier to import Chinese products. Here's what you need to know.