Here’s a Heads Up from reporter on news that you need to know today, Oct. 4:
- Chef RV Manabat is close to one million YouTube followers by keeping no recipe secret and giving aspiring cooks and food entrepreneurs a free head start.
- Can a mother of young kids be president of the Philippines? Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque is viral again for that question as he judged the Miss World Philippines 2021 pageant.
NEWS YOU CAN USE
- Here’s a list of hospitals where COVID-19 vaccines will be given to minors aged 12 to 17 during a pilot run. Those with the following comorbidities or conditions that put them at greater risk of severe COVID are priority to receive the jab.
- Here’s why you can’t stop watching “Squid Game” and why more people are streaming the Netflix hit.
- Is President Rodrigo Duterte really retiring from politics? Here’s why some analysts are skeptical.
- Samira Gutoc, if elected to the Senate, said she would champion the cause of the bakwit or those displaced by conflict.
- As far as President Rodrigo Duterte is concerned, his daughter, Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio can still run to succeed him as “all candidacies can be withdrawn”, Malacanang said. Sara filed for reelection over the weekend.
NEWS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- This just shows how the hunt for the Marcos wealth is far reaching. The former head of the PCGG, Andres Bautista, was mentioned in the so-called Panama Papers, leaked documents that point to a secret global financial system that caters to the rich.
- Krizle Mago, the Pharmally Corp officer who told senators that the firm “swindled” government on the supply of COVID-19 gear, said she was pressured to make such statements.
- Pampanga’s Best matriarch Lolita Hizon, who is credited for inventing tocino, has passed away according to her family.
- Tropical Depression Lanie made six landfalls yesterday, crossing Northeast Mindanao and the Visayas and bringing rains to large parts of the country, including Metro Manila.
- On World Animal Day and the Feast of St. Francis of Assisi, priests offered drive-through blessing for pets in Metro Manila.