Here's a Heads Up from reportr on news that you need to know today, Dec. 11.
- Local governments were urged to ban karaoke singing during the Christmas holidays to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Pantone named two Colors of the Year for 2021, Illuminating and Ultimate Gray, to evoke warmth and optimism as the pandemic nears its first anniversary. The choice matters, here's our explainer.
- In a year fraught with uncertainty because of COVID-19, which how-to did Filipinos search for the most on Google? Making dalgona coffee.
- The success of the Philippines' vaccination program next year will set the tone for the political conversation leading to the 2022 elections, analysts said.
- The MMDA is reimposing the truck ban on Dec. 14 to ease Christmas traffic.
- Ready to check out your 12-12 Lazada and Shopee carts at midnight? Here's our explainer on why add to cart feels so good.
- President Rodrigo Duterte is due to sign the P4.5 billion national budget for 2021. Here's what went down when the Senate and the House approved it.
- Sen. Grace Poe is preparing to investigate motorists' woes over RFID cashless payments. She asked the DoTr to suspend cashless expressways for the meantime.
- Giant planets Jupiter and Saturn will be in conjunction, appearing as a "Christmas Star" when viewed from Earth. Catch this planetary spectacle on Dec. 21.
Here's an update on COVID-19 cases as of 4 p.m. of Dec. 10: