Here's a Heads Up from reportr on news that you need to know today, Friday.
- It's the last weekend before Christmas and we can't stress enough the importance of face masks, face shields, hand washing and social distancing. Hit this link for everything you need to know to get through this COVID-themed holidays.
- Online classes, with parents forced to double as teachers and children unable to spend their allowance, cost the economy P1.6 trillion in lost productivity, said NEDA Sec. Karl Chua, as he pushed for a gradual and safe return to face-to-face learning.
- BDO, the country's largest bank, raised the alarm over scammers who fake screenshots of payment receipts. Check the recent transactions in your app before acknowledging payment.
- Here's a roundup of Pope Francis' most powerful statements in a year of the most uncertainty. He turned 84 yesterday.
- Christmas time means MMFF time. You can binge-watch the entries online. Here's how.
- Baguio is among the first local governments to relese an ordinance requiring face shields over face masks in all public places, not just inside malls and commercial establishments.
- Ayala Corp kept its top level succession within the family. Jaime Augusto Zobel de Ayala is relinquishing his CEO post to younger brother Fernando Zobel de Ayala effective April 2021. Jaime stays as Chairman while Fernando is Vice Chairman, President and CEO.