Good morning. Here's a heads up on what you need to know today, Dec. 4:
- The number of jobless Filipinos continues to decline as COVID-19 quarantines ease towards the end of the year. In October, the PSA said 3.8 million Filipinos were out of work.
- Metro Manila mayors voted to maintain a ban on minors entering shopping malls. They also can't join Simbang Gabi, according to the MMDA.
- In neighboring Cavite, minors can enter malls as long as they are accompanied by their parents.
- The director of 'Gaya sa Pelikula,' JP Habac, took our call to discuss how the wave of Boy Love or BL Films is normalizing queer love. Read our Reportr Explainer.
- Sen. Manny Pacquiao is now president of the PDP-Laban Party of President Rodrigo Duterte. Political forces are aligning ahead of the 2022 elections.
- Remember to keep safe while shopping. Mayor Isko Moreno and Health Sec. Francisco Duque inspected Divisoria to ensure social distancing and wearing of face masks and face shields.
- Governments worldwide are rushing to secure orders of COVID-19 vaccines. But what happens if you don't want one?
- De La Salle University is establishing a unit to promote inclusivity and gender sensitvity.