It's Friday (Nov. 6). Here's what you need to know before the weekend:
- Have you put up your Christmas Tree? Here's another tradition that is headed for Zoom: street caroling, if a governor gets his way, they should be banned.
- If you are thinking Christmas Ham, you're not alone. Shoppers have been filling up their carts with hotdogs and corned beef, stoking meat inflation. Beer shipments are also up quarter-on-quarter. Here's our explainer on your last grocery bill.
- If it's a case of the early holiday blues, here are a few tips to beat Christmas anxiety.
- Joe Biden and Donald Trump are up for a long counting in the remaining battleground states that the Democrats hope to flip to blue.
- President Rodrigo Duterte, in a late-night speech, said "ghost projects" of the DPWH should be audited. He advised those involved in anomalous projects to resign.
- Vice President Leni Robredo's daughters started a Twitter thread that involves Biden and lugaw or rice porridge.
- We are monitoring Tropical Storm Siony (Atsani), which was forecast to hit Batanes and Babuyan late yesterday to early today.
- Saudi Arabia, one of the largest markets for OFWs is easing restrictions for expatriates, except domestic workers.
- Pringles shaved off its logo's iconic moustache for the first time in 52 years to support mental health awareness among men.
- Here's how you can book an appointment for an AutoSweep RFID stickers that you will need for tollways in the south.
- The Philippines' COVID vaccination program could get rolling as early as May 2021. Here's an explainer on the human trials that will precede it.
Here's our COVID-19 case tracker as of Nov. 5, 4 p.m.