Good morning, here's news you need to know today, Tuesday.
- The NDRRMC recommended a State of Calamity declaration in Luzon. This will allow local officials to tap emergency funds and freeze prices of basic goods.
- Calls grow for an investigation into why Magat Dam released so much water, contributing to unprecedented flooding in the Cagayan Valley. Here's our explainer.
- You can donate to typhoon victims via GCash. Also, keep these in mind to avoid donating to scam pages.
- Burger King just debuted its plant-based Whopper in the Philippines. Will you try it?
- Stargazers, there's a meteor shower tonight until tomorrow. Here's how you can view it.
- If you're a COVID-19 frontliner, President Rodrigo Duterte just approved additional hazard pay. Here are the qualifications.
Here's an update on COVID-19 cases as of 4 p.m. Monday, Nov. 16.