Here’s a Heads Up from reportr on the top news stories that you need to know today, March 29:
- Hollywood’s biggest night went viral all over the world after actor Will Smith struck comedian Chris Rock for joking about wife Jada Pinkett-Smith’s tightly cropped head.
- Jada is suffering from alopecia, prompting her to shave her head. What exactly is this disorder and what causes it?
- “CODA”, a film about a deaf family, made Oscar history as the first-ever streaming film, and the first featuring predominantly deaf actors, to win Best Picture.
- Disney’s “Encanto”, which features the viral song “We Don’t Talk About Bruno”, also won an Oscar for Best Animated Film.
- With Toni Gonzaga for Bongbong Marcos and Angel Locsin for Leni Robredo, what makes an effective celebrity endorsement?
- Sen. Manny Pacquiao said he would withdraw his candidacy for president if he receives as sign from God, responding to a question from the media.
- Sen. Ping Lacson might consider changing his campaign slogan to “We Have a Leader” after leaving his own party.
- The Comelec thumbed down the idea of holding one-on-one debates among candidates in the 2022 elections in the name of fairness and equality.
- The poll body also told local candidates not to engage in vote buying as their official campaign period starts.
NEWS YOU CAN USE
- Heads up, travelers! Budget airline AirAsia is offering discounted flights until April 3.
- As return to office begins, here’s a guide on all the fines and penalties of licensing and traffic violations in the country.
NEWS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Motorists are facing another round of fuel price increase starting today, with diesel going up by P8 per liter.
- Taal Volcano remains under Alert Level 3 but will it erupt again like it did in January 2020?
- The Philippine Coast Guard accused its Chinese counterpart of steering one of its ships close to a Filipino patrol vessel in South China Sea.
- Nearly 9,000 Filipino and American soldiers take part in the 12-day Balikatan war games, signaling deepening defense ties between the Philippines and U.S.