Here's a Heads Up from reportr on news that you need to know today, Dec. 14:
- Sen. Manny Pacquiao is aiming for your digital wallet. Pac Pay is launching in early 2021.
- The truck ban in Metro Manila resumes today, to help ease Christmas season traffic jams that persist despite long-running coronavirus quarantines, the MMDA said.
- The number-coding scheme stays since public transportation has not resumed at full capacity, the MMDA said.
- Cancelled: UAAP Season 83. School officials saw it best to err on the safe side during the pandemic.
- We are monitoring President Rodrigo Duterte's weekly speech. Last week, he apologized in advance for keeping the country under quarantine through Christmas.
- Here's your guide to holidays and long weekends in 2021.
- The DOH also released gift suggestions to keep safe from COVID during the holidays.
- Yearender 2020: 2020 Was the Worst, Here's How Filipinos Got Through with Grit
- Yearender 2020: These Inspirational Stories Spark Joy in the Year of COVID
- What's Next 2021: 2021 is Year of the Vaccine, to Set Tone for 2022 Elections
Here's an update on COVID-19 cases as of 4 p.m. of Dec. 13: