Here's a Heads Up from reportr on news that you need to know today, Dec. 23:
- The government could sign a contract for up to 20 million COVID-19 vaccine doses before the end of the year, said the vaccine czar, Sec. Carlito Galvez.
- Also up for President Rodrigo Duterte's signature before the end of the year: the P4.5-trillion 2021 national budget that is key to fighting the pandemic.
- It's the last banking day before the Christmas weekend for many branches. Check your bank schedule here.
- Here are the LRT-1 and MRT operating hours through the holidays.
- We look back at the top viral stories of 2020 -- images, video, hanshtags and social media posts that we can't stop talking about.
- We also have the backstory of a rare viral post on kindness: How victims of the Taal Volcano and Super Typhoon Rolly exchanged relief boxes.
- Here's the weirdest of weather forecasts: unusually chilly weather in Florida could immobilize iguanas and cause the reptiles to fall from trees.
- In case you missed it, President Rodrigo Duterte and Vice President Leni Robredo weighed in on the viral shooting that involved an off-duty policeman.
Here's an update on COVID-19 cases as of 4 p.m. of Dec. 22: