Here's a Heads Up from reportr on news that you need to know today, Jan. 12:
- From the men tagged in the Christine Dacera case, to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, to common folk, many people are screaming for social media detox. Here's how to do it.
- The Philippines has ordered 25 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines from China's Sinovac. The first batch could arrive as early as February.
- The Philippines also ordered 30 million doses from Novavax.
- Here's what whill happen if you are scheduled to get a vaccine but refuse it.
- Aside from setting aside funds to buy the shots, these cities have placed advance orders for COVID-19 vaccines.
- Registration for Quezon City's unified ID is available online, aside from streamlining government transactions, the QCitizen ID will be used to distribute COVID-19 vaccines.
- Some banks have extended free transfers via InstaPay and PesoNet until early 2021, the Bangko Sentral said. Check out the list here.
- Sergeant Jonel Neuzca, who figured in the viral shooting video was dismissed from the service just days after he pleaded not guilty to murder.
- Former Senate President Manny Villar is the only Filipino on the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, right there with Tesla disruptor and newly-minted richest man on the planet Elon Musk.
Here's an update on COVID-19 cases as of 4 p.m. of Jan. 11: