Good morning, here's what you need to know today, Wednesday (Nov. 11).
The economy is starting to recover from months of lockdown:
- So what was in your 11-11 checkout? How much did you save? Here's why adding to cart feels so good.
- The economy is still shrinking, but it's not as bad as before, based on GDP data.
- There's another indicator of a recovery from last week, in case you missed it, people are buying more meat.
- If you're flying PAL, here are the requirements. It includes an RT-PCR test.
Blame COVID-19 for these disruptions:
- The UPCAT is cancelled this year and incoming freshmen will be screened using a modified admission system, details of which will be released in February 2021.
- Cebu's Sinulog Festival in January will also be truncated, like the Black Nazarene feast.
In case you missed it:
- Here's an explainer on women breaking glass ceilings in the White House and in Malacanang.
- While Jollibee is resurrecting The Champ, McDonald's (in the U.S.) is going meatless with a McPlant burger coming soon.
- Ulysses is poised to become a Typhoon before hitting land in the Quezon-Bicol area later today or tomorrow.
- Maj. Gen. Debold Sinas assumed the top post at the PNP, while the Voltes V theme was playing. He called on his men to "lead by example."
Here's our running account of President Rodrigo Duterte's weekly address to the nation.
Here's an update on COVID-19 cases as of 4 p.m. of Nov. 10, 2020.