Vice President Leni Robredo on Saturday staged her biggest campaign rally yet with her superstar endorsers led by Vice Ganda, entering the homestretch of the presidential campaign where surveys show she's gained momentum against her leading rival.
The performers for the night included Sharon Cuneta, Gary Valenciano and son Gab, Regine Velasquez, Ogie Alcasid, Janno Gibbs, Magalona siblings Saab, Arkin and Elmo. Daniel Padilla, Kathryn Bernardo and Liza Soberano delivered video messages.
"Fourteen days na lang nag natitira.... Madami na tayo nasabi, madami na tayo napanood na rallies online... Pero dahil laban natin ito para sa ating mga kababayan, buksan natin ang ating mga puso. Huwag tayong maging mapanghusga," she said.
"Huwag tayong mapagod lumaban sa fake news. Yun din ang pagkukulang ko noong last six years," Robredo said, rallying her supporters to fight misinformation. "Yung kasinungalingan palitan natin ng katotohanan."
Robredo said the house-to-house campaigns is the most effective way to fight fake news.
Here's a recap of what happened during the rally, which was also for Robredo's 57th birthday:
- Vice says her vote for Robredo is her gift to the nation.
- Vice Ganda endorses Leni Robredo. She sings Madonna's "Frozen" and "Like a Prayer."
- Maricel Soriano delivers her iconic movie line: "Huwag nyo akong ma-Terry Terry. Ang gusto ko, Leni, Leni, Leni!"
- Pangilinan delivers his campaign speech
- Cuneta said before her husband's VP bid, ahe thought she and Pangilinan were easing into retirement.
- Sharon Cuneta, Pangilinan's wife, waxes nostalgic as the rally is held in Pasay, where her late father Pablo Cuneta was longtime mayor.
- Regine Velasquez sings "Pangako" for Robredo.
- Actor Donny Pangilinan introduces his uncle, Gary Valenciano, who performs with son Gab.
- Singers Ogie Alcasid and Janno Gibbs serenade Robredo.
- Robredo and running mate Kiko Pangilinan get onstage at around 8:43 p.m.
- Elmo Magalona sings another Francis M. classic "Kaleidoscope World."
- Organizers claim the crowd had swelled to 412,000 as of 7:30 p.m., making it their biggest campaign rally yet.
- Saab Magalona, Arkin Magalona and The Cheats perform their father, Francis M.'s youth empowerment classic "Ito ang Gusto Ko."
- Daniel Padilla and Kathryn Bernardo endorse Robredo in a video message.
- Liza Soberano tells Robredo "I am with you" in a video message introduced by Brillantes and Mimiyuuuh.
- Andrea Brillantes says Gen Z can make a difference as first time voters by choosing Robredo.
- Actress Angel Locsin asks the crowd: "Bakit kayo nandidito? Bakit kayo lumalaban?"
- "Simple lang naman po kasi kung ayaw natin sa korapsyon, bakit tayo boboto sa taong may bahid ng korapsyon?" Locsin said.
- "Kung gusto nyo ng pagbabago, tigilan natin pagboto sa political dynasties. Sila ang nagpapasasa, tayo ang kawawa," Locsin said.
- Actor John Arcilla channels his "Heneral Luna" character: "Corrupt o tapat? Kurakot o lingkod? Tamad o masipag? Bayan, pumili ka."
- Arcilla says Robredo supporters are not bribed and are not communist rebels.
- The crowd at 5:49 p.m.
- Jolina Magdangal takes to the stage to pay tribute to volunteers and supporters.
- Mimiyuuuh attends her first campaign rally for Robredo
- Comebacking former senator Antonio Trillanes speaks
- Senatorial candidates Alex Lacson and Sonny Matula are first to speak.
- Before the rally, Robredo was in Sultan Kudarat to receive the endorsement of Bangsamoro leaders.
- Ahead of the start of the street party and rally proper at 5 p.m., people have begun filling up Diosdado Macapagal Avenue