Barriers at NLEX gates in Valenzuela were up on Wednesday as the city government enforced its suspension of the operator over the uneven implementation of cashless RFID payments, resulting in a toll holiday.
With barriers up, there was no traffic buildup during the morning rush hour, officials said.
Motorists who were charged were advised to take a photo of the receipt and send it to authorities for rebate processing, the Valenzuela City government said on its official Twitter page.
Last Monday when the suspension was served, the city government said the toll holiday would apply to the following:
1. Karuhatan-Mindanao Avenue Toll Plaza
2. Karuhatan-Harbor Link Toll Plaza
3. Karuhatan-MacArthur Highway Sub-Exit
4. Mindanao Avenue Toll Paza
5. Paso de Blas Toll Plaza NB
6. Paso de Blas Toll Plaza SB
7. Lawang Bato Toll Booth