The Mega Manila Subway project is moving with the government set to unveil later this week the actual equipment that will be used to dig the tunnels, a spokesperson for the Department of Transportation said Wednesday.
The 70-ton cutterhead that will be attached to the tunnel-boring machine will be presented to the public on Friday, said Assistant Secretary Goddes Hope Libiran.
"Para maramdaman ng tao na totoo, hindi drowing at mangyayari ito," Libiran told SMNI News Channel.
MORE ON TRAINS:
The Mega Manila Subway is among the centerpiece projects of President Rodrigo Duterte's Build Build Build program that is pushing through despite challenges from COVID-19 restrictions.
Late last year, authorities opened the Skyway Stage 3, built by San Miguel Corp. It cut travel time between the north and south ends of the capital to 30 minutes.
MORE ON INFRASTRUCTURE: