(UPDATE) Metro Manila's quarantine status will be lowered by one notch to Alert Level 3 from 4 on Oct. 16, Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said Wednesday.
This means businesses will be allowed to operate at higher capacities compared to Alert Level 4.
Under Alert Level 3, intrazonal and interzonal travel shall be allowed with restrictions to be specified by local government units of concern, the inter-agency task force on COVID-19 response said in its latest resolution.
Minors and persons with comorbidities will be allowed to leave their homes to buy basic goods and access essential services or for work.
Individual outdoor exercises shall also be allowed for all ages regardless of comorbidities or vaccination status.
The following establishments, or activities, shall be allowed to operate or be undertaken at a maximum of 30% indoor venue capacity for fully vaccinated individuals and 50% outdoor venue capacity.
1. Venues for meetings, incentives, conferences, and exhibitions (MICE)
2. Permitted venues for social events such as parties, wedding receptions, engagement parties, wedding anniversaries, debut and birthday parties, family reunions, and bridal or baby showers
3. Visitor or tourist attractions such as libraries, archives, museums, galleries, exhibits, parks, plazas, public gardens, scenic viewpoints or overlooks, and the like
4. Amusement parks or theme parks
5. Recreational venues such as internet cafes, billiard halls, amusement arcades, bowling alleys, skating rinks, archery halls, swimming pools, and similar venues
6. Cinemas and movie houses
7. Limited face-to-face or in-person classes for higher education and for technical-vocational education and training
8. In-person religious gatherings; gatherings for necrological services, wakes, inurnment, and funerals for those who died of causes other than COVID-19 and for the cremains of the COVID-19 deceased
9. Licensure or entrance/qualifying examinations administered by their respective government agency, and specialty examinations authorized by the IATF subject to the health and safety guidelines as approved by the IATF
10. Dine-in services in food preparation establishments such as kiosks, commissaries, restaurants, and eateries, subject to DTI sector-specific protocols
11. Personal care establishments such as barbershops, hair spas, hair salons, and nail spas, and those offering aesthetic/cosmetic services or procedures, make-up services, salons, spas, reflexology, and other similar procedures including home service options
12. Fitness studios, gyms, and venues for non-contact exercise and sports provided that clients and workers wear face masks at all times and that no group activities are conducted
13. Film, music, and television production
The following are prohibited:
1. Face to face or in-person classes for basic education, except those previously approved by the IATF and/or the Office of the President
2. Contact sports, except those conducted under a bubble-type setup as provided for under relevant guidelines adopted by the IATF, Games and Amusement Board, and Philippine Sports Commission, and approved by the LGU where such games shall be held
3. Funfairs/peryas and kid amusement industries such as playgrounds, playroom, and kiddie rides
4. Venues with live voice or wind-instrument performers and audiences such as in karaoke bars, clubs, concert halls, and theaters
5. Casinos, horse racing, cockfighting and operation of cockpits, lottery and betting shops, and other gaming establishments except as may be authorized by the IATF or the Office of the President
6. Gatherings in residences with individuals not belonging to the same household.
Agencies and instrumentalities of the government shall remain to be fully operational and shall adhere to at least 30% on-site capacity.