Ten-year-olds in areas under MGCQ or the lowest quarantine will be allowed to leave their houses from Feb. 1 as the government relaxes age-based restrictions, Presidential Spokesman Harry Roque said.
The Inter-Agence Task Force on COVID-19 eased the stay-at-home rule in MGCQ areas so that, "any person below ten (10) years old and those who are over sixty-five (65) years of age shall be required to remain in their residence at all times," Roque said.
Previously, only those aged 15 to 65 can leave their homes for essentials. The window was narrower at the start of the quarantines last year, 21 to 59.
The entire country is under MGCQ until Jan. 31, except Metro Manila, Isabela, Santiago City, Batangas, Iloilo City, Tacloban City, Lanao del Sur, Iligan City, Davao City, Davao del Norte, which are under GCQ, one notch higher.
In areas under GCQ, Roque said local government units are "enjoined to adopt the same relaxation of age-restrictions." The IATF sets the national policy which are implemented through local ordinances.
Modified General Community Quarantine or MGCQ is the last step before the new normal with only minimum health standards in place. The entire Philippines has been under some form of quarantine since March 2020.
TOP STORIES ON COVID-19: