As Metro Manila eases into general community quarantine (GCQ), the country's transport regulator said it gave an additional 1,333 traditional public utility jeepneys the green light to operate in 23 new routes starting Wednesday.
These units will be allowed to get back on the road even without a special permit, according to Memorandum Circular 2020-040. Instead, the driver has to display a QR code, which is given to the operator and can be downloaded from the LTFRB website, inside the jeep.
Here's Your Guide to Public Transport During the GCQ
Strict GCQ is Here: Curfews Back, Haircuts Only in Salons
Jeepney Drivers Hungry and Homeless as Virus Cripples Public Transport
Aside from being deemed roadworthy by the agency, the vehicle also has to have a valid Personal Passenger Insurance Policy.
Those onboard the jeepney must adhere to COVID-19 protocols set by the Inter-Agency Task Force for Emerging Infectious Diseases: checking of body temperature, wearing of face masks and face shields, and operating at 50 percent maximum passenger capacity.
All in all, there will be 13,776 traditional PUVs plying 149 routes under GCQ.
Here are the 23 new routes:
- T132 Napocor Village/NIA Ville - SM North EDSA
- T133 NAPOCOR/NIA Ville - Mindanao Ave. Congressional
- T134 Bagbaguin - Malinta
- T234 Katipunan - Marcos Ave./University Ave. via UP
- T369 Libertad - PRC
- T370 Santol - Pina Ave. via Buenos Aires
- T371 Blumentritt - Divisoria
- T372 Blumentritt - Libertad via Sta. Cruz, L. Guinto
- T373 Libertad - Retiro via Mabini, Sta. Cruz, L Guinto
- T374 España - Rizal Ave. via Blumenttrit
- T375 Blumentritt - Retiro
- T376 Arroceros - Blumentritt via Dimasalang
- T377 Ayala - P. Burgos/J.P. Rizal
- T378 Baclaran - Blumentritt via Mabini, Sta. Cruz
- T379 Baclaran - Blumentritt via Quiapo/Mabini
- T380 Dapitan - Pier South
- T381 Divisoria - Libertad via L. Guinto
- T382 Divisoria - Libertad via Mabini
- T383 Divisoria - TM Kalaw via Jones Bridge
- T384 España - Project 2&3 via Timog Ave.
- T385 Project 4 - TM Kalaw via Cubao, E. Rodriguez
- T386 Pier South - Retiro via Sta. Cruz
- T405 Multinational Village - Gate along Imelda Ave.