The physician licensure examinations will push through in September this year, the country’s pandemic task force said Friday, as the COVID-19 pandemic highlighted the need for more doctors.
The Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases approved holding the second part of the exams, tentatively scheduled on Sept. 20 to 21. Strict health protocols must be observed, Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said in a statement.
The exams, originally held in March, were cancelled after the government placed the country under varying levels of quarantine. It was only last month that lockdowns began to ease. Other licensure examinations originally scheduled for this year were moved to 2021, the Professional Regulation Commission said Thursday.