(UPDATE) Valenzuela City suspended on Monday the business permit of the North Luzon Expressway (NLEX) Corp over its faulty RFID sensors that cause traffic jams in Metro Manila's northern gateway.
The suspension covers several toll gates. These can still operate, but no fees will be collected, the city government said. Mayor Rex Gatchalian made good on his threat and served the suspension notice on Monday afternoon.
"...the abysmal state of NLEX Corporation's RFID system contributes to the chaos and exacerbates the traffic situation in the city," Gatchalian said in his executive order on the suspension of the firm's business permit.
Below are toll gates prohibited from charging fees for the meantime:
1. Karuhatan-Mindanao Avenue Toll Plaza
2. Karuhatan-Harbor Link Toll Plaza
3. Karuhatan-MacArthur Highway Sub-Exit
4. Mindanao Avenue Toll Paza
5. Paso de Blas Toll Plaza NB
6. Paso de Blas Toll Plaza SB
7. Lawang Bato Toll Booth