A day before voter registration activities resume, the Commission on Elections on Sunday urged eligible Filipinos to sign up to vote for the 2022 barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan elections happening on Dec. 5.
Voter registration will resume on July 4 until July 23, Mondays to Saturdays including holidays, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., the Comelec said in a statement.
"Dahil po maikli lang ang panahon ng pagrehistro para makatupad ang Comelec sa mga batas at alituntunin ng halalan, hinihiling namin na huwag ng hintayin ang mga huling araw ng pagpapatala para makasiguro ang pagrehistro," the poll body added.
Who may register?
For the Sangguniang Kabataan elections, the voter must be at least 15 years old but not more than 30 years old on or before Dec. 5, 2022. He or she must be a resident of the barangay for at least six months immediately preceding the elections.
For the regular barangay elections, the voter must be at least 18 years old on or before Dec. 5, 2022 and a resident of the Philippines for at least one year and of the barangay where he or she intends to vote for at least six months immediately preceding the elections.
How to register?
To avoid inconvenience, the Comelec encourages registrants to prepare the appropriate application forms and proofs of identity before visiting the poll office where they will register.
Application forms can be availed for free through Comelec offices, and be downloaded from the poll body's website.
Here are the types of voter's applications that will be accepted from July 4 to 23:
- Transfer of Registration Records
- Reactivation of Registration Records (may be applied for online be sending the duly accomplished application form with proof of identity via the official email address of the Office of the Election Officer from July 4-19, 2022)
- Change/Correction of Entries in Registration Records
- Inclusion and Reinstatement in the Voter’s List
- Transfer of Registration Records from Overseas Post to Local
For reactivation, the following applications may be made online:
- Reactivation with Correction of Entries
- Reactivation with Transfer Within the Same City/Municipality/District
- Reactivation with Transfer Within and Correction of Entries
- Reactivation with Updating of Records of Senior Citizen and Person with Disabilities.
Here are the acceptable proofs of identity:
- PhilSys National ID
- Employee’s ID with Employer’s Signature
- Postal ID
- PWD ID
- Student’s ID or Library Card signed by school authority
- Senior Citizen’s ID
- Driver’s License
- NBI Clearance
- SSS/GSIS ID
- IBP ID
- License issued by the PRC
- Certificate of Confirmation issued by the NCIP for members of ICCs or IPs
- Barangay Identification or Certification (with photo)
- Any other valid ID or proof of identification
The Comelec reminds applicants to bring their own ballpen and alcohol during the registration, and continue wearing face masks, handwashing, and maintain social distancing.