Here's a recap of what President Rodrigo Duterte said in his weekly speech to the nation. This one was delivered on Monday, Dec. 28.
- Duterte begins his weekly address with an update on his anti-corruption drive
- Duterte said he's exasparated over corruption, calls witnesses to report names.
- 72 dismissed at customs, 62 at immigration bureaus
- Dutete said there would be another round of dismissals in PhilHealth.
- Duterte mentions names of alleged erring lawmakers included in a list submitted by the Presidential Anti-Corruption Commission.
- Duterte says he would reshuffle district engineers of the Department of Public Works and Highways.
- Duterte says GCQ is extended in Metro Manila, Isabela, Santiago City, Batangas, Iloilo, Tacloban City, Lanao del Sur, Iligan City, Davao City, and Davao del Norte until Jan. 31.
- Duterte questions the International Criminal Court on why it is "interfering" with the affairs of the Philippines and other countries.