Here’s a Heads Up from reportr on news that you need to know today, Oct. 6:
- Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp crept back to life after an overnight outage in this part of the world that disconnected millions from their favorite social media platforms.
- Netizens wished that apps like MS Teams and Zoom go down too to give them a break from the electronic leashes of work and school.
- What if Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp stayed down for good? Here’s what the planet could look like.
NEWS YOU CAN USE
- These banks are extending free transfers via InstaPay and PESONet until the end of 2021.
- Here’s why newly-crowned Miss Universe Philippines Bea Gomez is proud, but not exactly loud about her historic feat as the first member of the LGBTQIA+ community to hold the title.
- Former senator Bongbong Marcos is running for president in 2022. Haters gonna hate, he is out to rebuild the name of his late dictator and namesake father.
- Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio has rebuffed suggestions of a presidential run under her father’s PDP-Laban Party.
NEWS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- President Rodrigo Duterte said he was working on his defense at the International Criminal Court, which is investigating him for alleged crimes against humanity in connection with his drug war.
- Tropical Depression Lannie made landfall nine times over two days, drenching large parts of Luzon and the Visayas.
- The Pfizer COVID vaccine can protect against severe COVID for up to six months, that includes infections with the Delta variant.
- Bali in Indonesia is reopening to select foreign travelers.
- The invisibility cloak and quantum physics are tipped for Nobel Prizes this weekend.