Here’s a Heads Up from reporter on news that you need to know today, Nov. 10:
- What does it mean to be “Imeldific”? We looked up former First Lady Imelda Marcos’ comments on her extravagance and what the world thinks of it as her family plot their return to Malacanang.
- When your boss asks you to return to work, are you ready? Your apprehensions are most likely post-pandemic anxiety. Here’s how you can deal with it.
- What’s next? Sara Duterte-Carpio has dropped her reelection bid for Davao City mayor, reigniting calls for her to run for national office.
- Presidential aspirant Bongbong Marcos dared Vice President Leni Robredo to ask her allies to drop their petition to stop his candidacy.
- Sebastian “Baste” Duterte dropped his candidacy for vice mayor of Davao City with less than a week left for his sister, Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio to decide whether or not to seek a national position as a substitute candidate.
- Sen. Manny Pacquiao dared his rivals to the presidency to share their wealth in what he called an “ayuda challenge”.
NEWS YOU CAN USE
- Here’s your guide to cinemas that are reopening on Nov. 10.
- Here’s what you need to know if you’re traveling to the UK. From Nov. 22, British authorities will allow entry to those who got Sinovac jabs.
- If you’re traveling to anywhere in Cebu province, here are the updated guidelines for visitors.
- It’s satire news. Nonetheless, the Bangko Sentral reminded the public that there is no such thing as a P500 bill with the image of the late dictator Ferdinand Marcos.
NEWS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Economic growth slowed to 7.1% in the quarter ended September, reflecting how the Delta surge lockdowns slowed the Philippines’ recovery from the pandemic.
- The Senate has introduced P100 billion in amendments to the P5-trillion 2022 national budget to focus on pandemic recovery.
- Manila Mayor Isko Moreno is standing by his decision to scrap the face shield mandate in the capital city, adding those who think otherwise can sue him in court.
- Former U.S. Barack Obama addressed the youth at COP26 in Glasgow, validating their frustration over world leaders’ inaction on climate change.
- Regeneron in the U.S. said its COVID-19 antibody treatment was found to give up to eight months of protection.
- Baby Sohail’s parents hope the internet will do its magic. The two-month-old Afghan remains missing after he was lost in the mad rush to flee the Taliban at Kabul Airport last Aug. 19.
- COVID-19 cases worldwide have crossed the 250-million mark.