Here's what you need to know today, Tuesday (Nov. 10):
- It's Maj. Gen. Debold Sinas' first day on the job as PNP chief. He's the former Metro Manila police commander whose mananita or birthday breakfast stirred controversy at the start of the quarantine.
- We are tracking Tropical Depression Ulysses, which could hit the Bicol-Quezon area by late Wednesday according to PAGASA. It's the same areas devastated by Super Typhoon Rolly. Here's Your Typhoon Safety Guide.
Good vibes ahead:
- Disney's 2020 Christmas ad pays homage to the Philippines' parol and Filipinos love for family. Watch it here. Here's how our countrymen are saving the holidays from COVID.
- Jollibee told the stock exchange that it was seeing signs of recovery after third quarter results were better than the previous three month-period. It closed a total of 339 stores permanently because of the pandemic.
- Inspired to vote in 2022? We compiled everything you need to know in this guide.
In case you missed it:
- Ex-senator Bongbong Marcos trended on Twitter after he sought Supreme Court Associate Justice Marvic Leonen's inhibition from his election protest against Vice President Leni Robredo, citing bias.
- The Plantitos and Plantitas of the quarantine have started a "plantdemic" that caused prices of plants to soar.
- Passengers of Philippine Airlines can avail of COVID-19 swab testing starting, Nov. 11.
Here's an update on COVID-19 cases as of 4 p.m. of Nov. 9: