Rolly lashed Bicol Region with super typhoon force on Sunday and weakened slightly into a typhoon as it crossed Southern Luzon, close to the tip of Metro Manila. It is now out of the country's land mass. Here's what we know:
- The most powerful storm in the world so far this year flooded parts of Bicol and Batangas. Authorities continue to assess the damage.
- Ten people died according to a tally by news agency Agence France-Presse.
- A new storm, Siony, is blowing from the Pacific in the direction of Northern Luzon.
- President Rodrigo Duterte is expected to address the nation on the typhoon. He monitored the developments from Davao City.
- Netizens noticed the absence of ABS-CBN's free TV coverage using its regional network as they watched Rolly unfold. It trended on Twitter.
NEWS YOU CAN USE: Here's Your Typhoon Safety Guide
Here's an update on COVID-19 cases as of Nov. 1, 2020: