Manila Mayor and presidential candidate Isko Moreno's chief of staff said Wednesday he resigned to return to broadcasting, on the same day that top TV anchor Noli de Castro withdrew from his senatorial ticket.
Cesar Chavez denied infighting led to his departure from Moreno's camp, one week after his former boss filed his candidacy. De Castro said he wanted to continue public service while in the media.
"I told Mayor Isko about the offer, and my intention to accept the same. Salamat Yorme sa pag-unawa, at pagkatataon makapagtrabaho sa Maynila. Napakaraming magagaling at matitino sa city hall," Chavez said on Facebook.
Broadcasting is his first love, Chavez said, adding, "Am done now with my other love, the government."
Chavez's resignation took effect Sept. 30 and he will join radio DZRH, said Moreno's campaign strategist Lito Banayo. "We wish Cesar all the best as he returns to his professional love from whence he got his moorings in public service," he said.
Moreno said earlier that Chavez resigned due to health issues.