"Nothing is etched in stone," Malacañang said Tuesday in response to calls for President Rodrigo Duterte to reconsider the reclassification of three non-working holidays to "special working days" this year.
Duterte last week reduced the non-working days of the year to exclude Nov. 2, Dec. 24, and Dec. 31, citing the need to minimize work disruption after the COVID-19 pandemic bruised the economy.
"Tingnan po natin kung anong mangyayari, nothing is etched in stone naman po," Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said in a Palace press briefing.
"Tingnan natin baka naman dahil may bakuna na eh makabalik na tayo sa dati at baka hindi na natin kinakailangan maghabol pa ‘no," he said.
The revision in the declared holidays of the year was made following the recommendation of Duterte's economic managers, Roque said.
"Siguro naman po ngayong nandito na ang bakuna, hayaan naman nating maka-recover tayo for lost time ‘no," he said, noting that Filipinos have long been on "vacation" due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
"Let us have faith po on our economic team at tsaka ang katotohanan napakatagal na po nating nakabakasyon; iyong iba nga nawalan ng trabaho at gusto nang magtrabaho ‘no. So let’s leave it at that po."