Those who will get their COVID-19 vaccine shots during the enhanced community quarantine or ECQ in Metro Manila will be allowed to go out of their homes, the Department of the Interior and Local Government said Monday.
COVID-19 vaccinees will be considered as authorized persons outside of their residences (APORs), DILG spokesperson Usec. Jonathan Malaya said.
"They just need to show their vaccination cards or text message or other proof that they are scheduled for vaccination," Malaya told reportr in a message.
Metro Manila will be under ECQ from Aug. 6 to 20 in a bid to control the spread of the highly contagious Delta variant of coronavirus.
Under ECQ, only APORs are allowed out of their homes. These include:
1. Medical frontliners and uniformed personnel
2. Government officials and employees on official travel
3. Duly-authorized relief and humanitarian workers
4. Persons traveling for medical or humanitarian reasons
5. Persons going to the airport
6. Persons who need to physically report for work.
7. Public utility vehicle drivers and operators.