Here's what President Rodrigo Duterte said in his weekly address to the nation. This one was aired on Tuesday (Nov. 17)
- President Duterte addressed netizens asking #NasaanAngPangulo, saying he was attending the ASEAN Summit via teleconference during the onslaught of Typhoon Ulysses.
- Duterte criticizes Vice President Leni Robredo for coordinating with the Armed Forces of the Philippines on typhoon rescue and relief operations.
"Wag ka masyadong porma-porma hindi mo talaga panahon," Duterte tells Robredo.
- Duterte calls Robredo "mahina talaga."
- Duterte accuses Robredo of lying, calls her "pa-beauty."
- "Matagal na akong maraming sabihin sa 'yo, pero ireserba ko na lang. When you start your campaign, kapag magtakbo ka ng presidente, waswasan kita nang husto. This is your nightmare," Duterte tells Robredo.
- Health Secretary Francisco Duque III says damage to government medical facilities due to typhoons is around P300 million.
- Duque asks for an executive order that will allow the Food and Drug Administration to expedite the grant of emergency use authorization for various COVID-19 vaccines that will enter the Philippines.
- Duterte says he approved the recommendation of the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council placing the entire Luzon under a State of Calamity due to recent typhoons.
- Duterte raises the importance of well-built evacuation centers.
- COVID-19 policy chief implementer Secretary Carlito Galvez Jr. says the government expects to secure some 30 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines by next year.
- Duterte reiterates that the poor should be prioritized in COVID-19 immunization program.
- Duterte attributes unprecedented floods in Cagayan Valley to "extraordinary" rainfall due to Typhoon Ulysses.
- Duterte names government workers who were suspended or dismissed due to various misconduct.
- Duterte tells students asking for academic break: "You are taking the cudgels of the poor ahead of your time. That is not your worry, it is the worry of the government."
- Duterte threatens to stop funding studies of University of the Philippines students: "Fine, maghinto kayo ng aral. I will stop the funding. Wala ng ginawa, kundi mag-recruit ng mga komunista diyan."