In almost all transactions in your adulting journey, you'll need a valid ID.
Most establishments ask for at least two before processing your requests. Oftentimes, you'll need a valid ID too to get another valid ID.
Here are some of the easiest to acquire primary valid IDs in the Philippines and the requirements for application:
1. Postal ID
Issued by the PHLPost, a postal ID is one of the easiest valid IDs from the government you can apply for.
Here's how you can apply for it:
- Accomplish two copies of the application form which you can download from the PHLPost website.
- Present proof of identity. Your birth certificate will do or any other valid ID (if you have another one already.)
2. Philippine Passport
Aside from being a must for traveling abroad, the Philippine passport is a powerful ID you can use when transacting with government offices.
Here's what you need to apply for it:
- Confirmed online appointment (click here)
- Accomplished Application Form
- Original and photocopy of birth certificate
- Any other valid ID. Click here for the list of acceptable IDs for passport processing
- Personal appearance
- P950 processing fee
3. PhilHealth ID
You can get your PhilHealth ID for free once you register as a member.
Here's what you need:
- Two copies of the PhilHealth Member Registration Form
- Two 1x1 latest ID picture
- Two valid IDs
4. Unified Multipurpose ID
Often called UMID card, this ID serves multiple purposes since it can be used to transact with four different agencies: the Social Security System (SSS), Government Service Insurance System (GSIS), PhilHealth, and Pag-IBIG Fund.
UMID cards are free of charge for first-time applicants. For workers in the private sector, SSS is the main agency that issues UMID cards while the GSIS processes applications for government workers.
Here's what you need to apply:
- Accomplished application form
- Two valid IDs
- For SSS members, you need to have paid at least one month of your SSS contribution.
5. National ID
The government has started to roll out this year the registration for the National ID that is expected to centralize and fast-track verification processes.
Click here to find out how to apply.
There are many other primary and secondary valid IDs accepted in the Philippines such as driver's license, PRC license, and voter's ID. The five listed above are only among the ones easiest to apply for.