Here's a Heads Up from reportr on news that you need to know today, Wednesday:
- It's the first day of Simbang Gabi, the nine-day novena masses leading up to Christmas. Here are the guidelines to keep you safe from COVID-19.
- Face shields are now required over face masks in all public places, not just inside commercial establishments.
- Point-to-point provincial buses can also resume under strict health checks.
- Cebu Pacific is allowing unlimited rebookings until March 2021.
- Facebook was buzzing yesterday over Sen. Manny Pacquiao's digital payment venture Pac Pay. Should it be renamed? The most popular suggestion: Manny Heist.
- Pacquiao gave P8,000 out of the blue to a policeman who guarded one of his events. What did Corporal Carlo Romero do with the money? He helped those in need and went viral.
- Digital nomads found their WFH set up, by the beach and this company is helping them make Work from the Beach happen.
- Manila Mayor Isko Moreno ordered an investigation into alleged COVID-19 vaccinations in Binondo. It's illegal.
- Here's an initial price list of COVID-19 vaccines. Keep in mind that the estimates are based on government's procurement plan and does not necessarily reflect future retail prices.
Here's an update on COVID-19 cases as of 4 p.m. of Dec. 15: