Here’s a Heads Up from reportr on news you need to know today, Oct. 27.
- Kylie Padilla is right, even in cheating (proven or not), women suffer from society’s double standard.
- Overwork kills, literally. Here’s how to manage your stress when the WFH load get overwhelming.
- Baguio has reopened to fully vaccinated tourists. Here’s what you need to know if you are planning a visit.
- Bohol has dropped the negative RT-PCR test requirement for visitors. Here’s your guide if you want to escape to the Chocolate Hills.
- There were 4,393 new COVID-19 yesterday.
- Here’s a look at how presidential aspirant Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr’s performance during his single six-year term at the Senate.
- Manny Pacquiao said he would continue giving out money to supporters as he campaigns for the presidency, unmoved by vote-buying criticism. God blessed him too much not to share, he said.
- Taking heat for using the pejorative “yellowtard” against his rival for the presidency, Manila Mayor Isko Moreno said he’s neither an angel nor a devil. He’s just being straightforward.
Continue reading below ↓
- Anger and hate are the easiest ways to crack Facebook’s algorithm and reach more users, according to a former employee who blew the whistle on the platform’s inaction against fake news, misinformation and online harassment.
NEWS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Living with the twin threats of a volcano and super typhoons have Albay residents living in constant fear of nature. Here’s how they are recovering from Super Typhoon Rolly last year.
- Asia is bearing the brunt of global warming with 2020 being the hottest year on record.
- Time to check out that weighted blanket (or cuddle buddy), Amihan season is here with the change in wind patterns, PAGASA said.
- UP is accepting freshman applications for academic year 2022-2023. Deadline is on Nov. 30.
- The Manila Bay Dolomite Beach is now closed to kids aged 12 and below, the DENR said. It’s also closed from Oct. 29 to Nov. 3.
- Bohol has dropped the negative RT-PCR test requirement for fully vaccinated visitors who have VaxCertPH authentication.
- U.S. President Joe Biden is joining ASEAN’s virtual summit, which President Rodrigo Duterte is also expected to attend.
- Here are the questions that world leaders will attempt to answer at the COP26 climate conference in Glasgow. The economic fallout is huge, from individual jobs to the stability of the global financial system.
- Moderna claimed positive results on kids aged 6 to 11 who got its COVID-19 vaccine.
Continue reading below ↓